Thursday 15 September 2011

Introduction

Hello! My name is Amber and I am back at school learning how to be a teacher! This blog will be a reflective blog that is meant to help me sort out thoughts on topics we cover in our language arts class. I'm sure it will provide me with plenty of opportunity to revisit ideas and even change my mind on more than a few. The importance of self-reflection by both the student and the teacher is a vein we keep returning to throughout this program so here we are. I have never blogged before so bare with me and feel free to send any tips my way on making a more enjoyable and engaging blog reading experience!

Virtually all of my teaching experience has been overseas so as a student revisiting the study of language, this class will be very interesting for me. Communication was such a huge part of my life living and teaching abroad and I grew to realize it encompassed so much more than words alone. I'm hoping this course will give me more insight into the subject so I can effectively engage students in creative communication!

This is a "general" blog in that it does not exclusively focus on one age group. Instead, within our trio of class bloggers, we will alternate the focus age group on each post, which I will include in the title.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere, Amber - I hope you enjoy the experience of blogging to learn.

    ReplyDelete